member of:Observers of the Interdependence of Domestic Objects and Their Influence on Everyday Life


This group has been active for a long time and has already made some remarkable assertions which render life simpler from the practical point of view. For example, I move a pot of green color five centimeters to the right, I push in the thumbtack beside the comb and if Mr. A (another adherent like me) at this moment puts his volume about bee-keeping beside a pattern for cutting out vests, I am sure to meet on the sidewalk of the avenida Madero a woman who intrigues me and whose origin and address I never could have known...
--Remedios Varo


(Artwork by Remedios Varo)
By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
--Franz Kafka

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Vesna and the Pink Panther

Our co-hort in all things fabulous, Vesna, has a two-page spread of poetry in the September, 2011 issue of Pink Panther Magazine. You can see the entire magazine here with hyperlinks or you can buy a print copy here.

The amazing cover, a painting by Janelle McKain:



Vesna's pages:





..in which you will see her lovely daughter Mila, and several of her poems, including this jewel:

Cogito ergo sum
A thought
Like a fish
Slippery
Promising it will grant me 3
wishes
once I hold it
And I am trying to catch it
Swimming in my own anatomy
Trying to draw a map
Lost in the labyrinth of my own
being.
Each left and right turn
has a “because”
But most of all
I really enjoy
Feeling lost.

--Vesna

Congratulations!! :)

4 comments:

  1. I am the luckiest person in the World:) Thank you so much my generous, wonderful, amazing Zoe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Vesna!!!! :DD
    I'm so proud to have a friend like you!:)
    It was a pleasure to read some of your poems. "Question" is my favourite. :)

    Hugs

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good news!

    Contratulations, Vesna!
    I'm so proud of you!
    Reading your poem, I felt so soothed. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Rosa and Saphire, I feel so incredibly lucky to have met such beautiful, supportive people like Zoe and you:) With that kind of support, sky is the limit.
    Thank you:) Big warm hug, Vesna

    ReplyDelete